This article discusses how to post and manage add news items to GroupShare News. Posting news items can help keep members engaged by showing them how they are supporting their local communities. You can include such items as press releases that involve your activity; stories and recaps of past events, projects, and response efforts; meeting minutes; and past emails or newsletter items.
You must be a Leader of the GroupShare group
Where to go:
- From the Member Portal homepage, find My Groups > choose your GroupShare group
- Click on the News icon
Steps to be taken:
- Click on New Item to post a news item, reminder or announcement.
- Enter the subject for Group News Title
- Enter a start date/time for when you want the news item to be posted next to Group News Start Date/Time
- Enter an end date/time for when you want the news item to expire next to Group News End Date/Time
- You can choose to upload a file next to Group News Image. Take note, if you decide to update the image, you would have to edit the news item and upload over the existing file.
- Under Group News, you can enter more text or details about your news item.
- Click Save.
- Your item will be posted inside the News page as well as the GroupShare homepage.
Edit/Delete a News Item
- To edit a news item, click on the edit icon on the top right next to the news item.
- To delete a news item, click on the delete icon on on the top right next to the news item.