Member Essentials Plus provides an app for members that allows them to manage their member experience through their smartphone. This article will walk through some of the main functions of the app.
Accessing the Junior League App
To get the app, follow these steps
- Go to your phone's App Store or Google Play and search for 'Junior League' (do not select "Junior League Events" as that is for conferences)
Logging in to the app
- Make sure you already have an account created in Member Essentials. It will take up to 24 hours for it to fully sync to the app.
- Once you have downloaded the app and have an account, click the app from your phone
- Enter either your email or cell number associated with your Member Essentials profile
- An access code will be sent to either your email or cell number
- Enter the access code into the app to login
Defining each icon in the app
Once you are in the app, you will see the various parts of the app on the home page, which we will define here:
- Activity Feed: This is where members can post messages or photos, visible to other members of your League.
- Directory: Use the Directory to contact other members in your League
- Profile: This shows member's basic profile information where they can update their Member Profile. This is also where members can logout.
- Calendar: Use the Calendar to view and register for your League’s scheduled meetings, events, and volunteer shifts.
- News: View the latest news and reminders from your League.
- My League: View information and documents for your League under the My League link.
- Email: Email other members and access groups through this tool.
- Requirements: View assigned member requirements.
- Hours: View and track volunteer activities.
- Favorite Contacts: Members can favorite members in the directory that they contact the most.
- Self Check-In: As a member, you can check yourself into meetings and shifts based on your current location.
- Attendance Manager: Manage attendance for members and check in/out events manually or by scanning a QR code.
- Push Notification: Send push notifications to other members. The notification will appear as a popup in the app if members have push notifications enabled for the app on their phone.
- Member Portal: Here is where members can view a mobile version of the different content pages that are available on the site. This will log them through to the actual website interface