This article explains how to manage the email invitations to join the portal. The Invitation Codes tool is used to send to Members email invitations to join the Member Portal, and create their username and password. When a Member creates her username and password, she is removed from the Invitation Codes screen. The screen will only show Members that have not yet created their username and password.
You can continue using the tool to send invites to those who have not yet responded yet. It usually takes a number of rounds of invites to get everyone to respond.
You will need the Administrator or Security Administrator access level.
Where to go:
- From the Member Portal, go to Admin > Member Management
- Select Invitation Codes
- Search or filter for the members to send the invitation code to.
- Click Send to email their invitation code for each individual Member.
The email will prompt members to create their username and password for the portal. When a Member creates her username and password, she is removed from the Invitation Codes screen, so you can use the tool to continue to send invites to members that have not yet responded. It usually takes a number of rounds of invites to get everyone to respond.
Send All Invitation Codes
If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a Send All button to resend invitations to all Members who still haven't created accounts. Take note, please DO NOT use Clear All Usernames. This will remove all the accounts from your Member Portal.
If you run the Member Roster - Current report in the Query Tool and click on the Last Login column, you will see a timestamp of when the Member last logged in. This will determine who has already created an account.
Changing Username and Login
Security Administrators may edit the member’s login info or resend the link to allow members to set up their account, if they have not logged in.
- Go to Admin > Member Search
- Find the member and open their Profile to find the Login section below
- To change the login, click on Change login and a new page will appear.
- Enter in the new login information and click the Change Username or Change Password button.
- Change their login info or resend the email for them to sign up again.
Re-enable Invite Link
Alternatively, you can use the Re-enable Invite Link and send this unique link to the member. To learn more about this, see this article: Re-enable Invite Link
Login from Invite Link
When a member receives their individual invitation email and click the link, they can choose their Username and Password